View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:30 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLeggy
I have the prefinish floor thru the whole house....at the time the price of un-finished boards(~$65m2 cheapest) was more than the prefinished stuff($50m2)....so way cheaper to get it down, and then if you want you can sand it all and re-coat it at a later date.

We are waiting to ours shows enough wear to need the re-sanding...I did a lot of research first on how and who to lay the floor, it needs to be comopressed with special tools/clamps pinned into the concrete every 6 boards and then hidden nailed, and so on. Turned out there was only a couple of guys in wa that do it right so we waited a few months for him to be avaliable and it came out very good.
didnt use pre finnished but did it my self with a drill, hammer, wedge and about 1500 nails plus glue of course. Had it professionally sanded and polished and looks a Mil $

Cut the board, line up about 6 and glue, drill a few holes in the concrete about an inch in front and wedge them together tight with a wood wedge. Drill the board and through that hole predrill your concrete and hammer in the nails.

after it drys either pull out nails or centre punch them in and sand and polish

easy

If I ever do again would use nail gun though!