Thread: S202 or Classic
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
brendon, for 25 grand, that gc8 wouldn't be a bad thrash-around car though, especially for those that want to get into the sport with something already setup for them, targa scenario, well.
I agree that it is an awesome car but it would be a bit like buying a group B car with intentions of racing it. It does not fit any current classes. While that might not be an issue for things like dutton / ahg etc you will run into the same problems as this guy is when you go to sell it. If it was a 2 door I would love to buy it, put your hollinger in it, strip out even more shite and see if you could not get it down to under 1000kg. Put a twin scroll engine in it with 300kw atw and then go play dutton.

Also I am not up with the Group A regs but how many specific bits has it got on it that would be a pain in the ass to get hold of now the car is 15 years old? i.e. the steering rack that the S2000 corolla blew up in forest rally - $10k as it is out of the corrolla wrc car! I think if you bought a car like that you would want to keep it true to what it was built for. i.e. you dont want to put all sorts of other parts in it because then it is not eligible for anything.

Brendon