View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

here are a few more comments from happy customers.

"Hi Tony.
Just letting you know the exhaust is going great. Awesome sound when on the go peddle and not too loud when sneaking home into the driveway late at night lol.
I got the Ezy-flash with the off the shelf tune the other week from Leah at ChipTorque and its just made the car so much more enjoyable to drive. Will be getting around to a custom tune once I get a few more goodies under the hood. But just wanted to say thanks for the great service and also two thumbs up for the guys Men at Work Exhausts.
Thanks,"

"just bought one of these exhausts from Tony. All i can say is i am very impressed. It is one of the best fitting exhausts i have ever seen. Took me 1.5 hours to install the full exhaust.
I got it with the 2.5 inch diff back and my old exhuast was running full 3 inch. The mid range is incredible, big difference. Car is going on the dyno tomorrow, so will post up results. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a little quiet, but its perfect
Thanks again Tony for your great service and product..."

"Hi Tony,
Had the 07 STI dyno day at Chiptorque on the Gold Coast on Saturday, 204.8 kw the only mod is your exhaust and an ezy flash tune. With your exhaust and standard tune 191kw. Im very impressed with the performance of the exhaust, nice and quiet, and exelent performance. Thanks again for your help.
Andy bb"

"I did a lot of research (mainly on the web), before I made the decision on where to get the TBE from. I am thankful that I did end up getting it from you. To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure as to how the system would look or feel on the car and what sort of quality it would be. I can confirm that I am 100% happy with the system. It looks great, all of the pipe work is great quality and the welds are neat and tidy. The tip is probably a bit big for my liking, but I am getting used to it. The sound that comes from a 3” TBE worried me, but I am extremely happy with the way the system sounds on the car. It is almost silent at idle, but builds quickly into a beautiful boxer rumble once the throttle is opened up and then it really starts to growl. It is relatively quiet at cruising speeds and certainly not obtrusive. For a bloke who was worried about the noise, I now find myself putting the windows down and enjoying the aural sensations as I wind through the gears and the rev range. The other thing that I can enjoy now is the noise as the turbo spools up, which can be heard from much lower in the rev range. It now spools up at under 2000 revs and I like it. The new exhaust has freed the engine up quite a bit and it has certainly helped the torque from lower down and I believe all the way through the rev range. I can only comment from a “seat of the pants” research point of view, as I have not yet put it on the dyno. I will wait until I have done the computer, before I go to that trouble. For the time being, though, I am extremely happy with the system and my car, the way it is now. But they tell me once you get a taste of the “more power” bug, it’s hard to get rid of it. Time will tell.
Also just wanted to say a big Thank you, to you Tony and to the guys/gals at Men At Work Exhausts.
Scott Clegg
A very satisfied customer. "

"Guys this exhaust is awesome, I can hear the turbo spooling around 1500-3000 rpm all my mates have noticed how sweet this thing is and sounds. It is so worth every cent
Thanks again Tony for an awesome product. I'll see if I can get some vids/pics for you when im out to the coast this weekend"

"Very very well I was only originally going to get the stage 1 package (min 15kw) out of a cat back exhaust, but due to the small cat back and incorrect fuel I couldn't get it, So having the 3" tbe got me upto 160kw atw's on 13psi or aka stage 2 tune. So my car jumped from 130kw to 160kw
I was very impressed with the tuner and your exhasut !! sounded tough !"