View Single Post
Old 15-05-2009, 11:43 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh
We dont have a very big lounge room and the only thing the missus wants is something small 'like bose'.

I'm leaning towards the Energy speakers, however I'm still confused with the amp. What do i need to make sure it has as far as new formats are concerned? IE Ture HD, Dolby 2 etc...

that Denon receiver will cover most bases - TrueHD/DTS HD MA decoding will cover the audio side, plus its handy that it converts all analogue inputs to digital/HDMI on the video side.. so you should only ever need 1 HDMI cable from your amp to your display even if your watching a shitty composite source

so 3 x HDMI inputs + 3 x component inputs plus 5 digital audio inputs should be enough for most..

have you listened to this amp? should compare it with the onkyo at the same pricepoint - the onk will be a brighter more in your face sound which you will or wont like compared to the denon.. but yeh let your ears and wallet be the judge !