View Single Post
Old 15-05-2009, 03:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

bdazzld at standard level

+1 for Loudspeaker Kit in leederville, now something different, walsburg or wattmough or something, just google it, great website, reasonable prices..

Cambridge audio and NAD make great gear and its very simple to use and easy to set up

Yamaha used to make great gear (10+ years ago) but what we get sold these days under $2000 is complete shit

Denon, Sony, Harmon Kardon, Marrantz all do fairly good stuff, but they really only get good after the $2k mark

Speakers, well the only way you can tell what is good for you is to listen to them,... there are thousands of quality brands available but it should come down to the tone that you prefer....

Klipsich are good, but again what we are seeing is the release for the low to middle end market home user, what they are good at is super high end shit, same with JBL and yamaha, but of years gone by... They were high end pro audio companies that have sold out and moved to china, trying to take the name with them

you mentioned Bose, that would be my choice, all in one unit, very clean simple, good versatility, acceptable sound for movies and what have you, but i'm not sure if you could get the package for under $2k... fair enough the speakers are tiny, but you are getting a full amp, dvd, tuner all in one neat package...that most importantly, is designed to work together, no messing around, correct power ratings, tone, blah blah blah

And anyone that disagrees...... i couldn't care less...

13.097 ET stock MY02STi.... first time @ drag

"Whatever it costs you to fix that car, is pretty cheap therapy", Dr. Phill

Last edited by bdazzld; 15-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.