View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

I was set on an XR5 but I couldnt find a dealer that would play ball on pricing so walked away and got my WRX instead.

I love my WRX but the engine noise and the interior fit, finish and comfort are way beyond anything Subaru has done! I'll just mention that engine noise again...OMFG! Get a nice exhaust system and they really sound special especially when you get a nice series of pops and crackles on the over-run...sounds VERY Audi Quattro rally car.

I wouldnt worry about the power down / torque steer thing. Every car takes a different driving style and a high power FWD car can not be driven like a WRX. I.E. You cant just stomp on the go pedal!!

Something I found with them: It seems to take a good 30,000KM for the engine to really loosen up and for the gearbox to feel really good. I test drove a few examples and the demo or brand new cars with under 5,000KM and the cars babied as a commuting car quite frankly felt 'flat' with a rubbery gear change.
I also test drove a couple of higher KM cars that had very obviously been 'well loved' and they felt great with instant engine response.