View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Few updates. got round to Installing the Type-RA short shifter and a few goes later all the Kartboy bushings.

Group install day at Ross's house

pulling apart my car (Ross in the bground)

Damo helping Shannon attach her knob

Top: Shannons WRX and my GX shifter, bottom RA shifter (turns out identical to Ross's STI)

Replaced the front shifter bushing, stock rubber shitter out and the kartboy bushings in place

Rear shifter bushing on the left, all flogged out, Kartboy on the right

Midway through, dinner and all the bits (note the spring: dog box is an old GC8 box and needs the return spring to bring the shifter back to neutral)

Rear diff brace, original bushes in place

Kartboy repalcements in place

So thats front and rear shifter bushings, I also installed the transmission mount bushings and the rear diff brace bushings. The difference has been nothing less than phenominal. There is a noticeable difference in NVH, but then again I have a dog box and no sound deadening so who cares ? :P The noise is deaper tho so its easy to deal with. The shifting is a heap smoother and finds the gears much easier.

I also installed a Perrin PSRS aka positive steering response system, its basically an antilift kit but with better bushings etc than the whiteline ones, a spherical bearing and a grease nipple so you don't need to remove it to re-grease.

stock GD STI on left, Perrin on the right (or left?)

With the holes line up, the difference in mounting position

Kit in place

Notice how shiney they are? not for long :P

Also some new brake pads (after i hit them with brake cleaner)