View Single Post
Old 16-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
I definitely do not agree...

Cops do not make the decisions but courts do.

Cops do not make the decisions but the pits do.

Giving a yellow sticker to your car is the same as arresting (or summonsing) someone, and charging them with an offence. The courts ultimately decide whether you are innocent or guilty. Same as the pits ultimately decide whether your car is legal or illegal.

Fobz you REALLY have something against police, what happened?
and I don't agree with you Megs...

Cops DO make decisions! Simple...all of us do every single day. If I'd was a waiter at a restaurant I make a decision wether to smile or not to smile to a customer. If I was a mechanic I'd have a choice wether to put $14 valvoline oil in someone's car and charge them $100 for it or be half decent and use something better.

Same with the cops, it's just their job. Unfortunately some of them (and I mean some, so don't take it to your heart) are plain stupid. I've seen cops that Think they are the law when they know nothing or very little about it (love how my lawyer brother talks to them...makes them look absolutely stupid).

Going back to yellow stickers, read my story from few pages ago...did that Cop 'make a decission'? was it a right one?

my uncle had his taxi yellow stickered last year for bold tyres. The tyres had a minimum 4mm thread on them, he showed this to the cops that yellow stickered him. As you may know the LEGAL (again it's the law) minimum thread on a tyre should be no less then 1.5mm right? Well you know what the cop said to him? "It's a taxi, you're carrying passangers, you should be better than that" ??? WTF??? That cop just introduced a new law didn't he?

The car went straight through the pits but a waste of $50 and 2hrs of his time. The only reason why he got pulled over was because he was going faster than the speed limit and the coppers didn't catch it on their speed gun. So to pay him back for that....yellow sticker sir. It seems to be a weapon of choice for cops these days....

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!