View Single Post
Old 27-07-2009, 03:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza View Post
If you want to quote bullshit like there was slavery 40yrs ago then you can expect to be called names and like I said there are just as many problems in the US as there are here with their natives, no matter what anyone says to you you will not change your point of view........unless you put yourself in a position to be affected by these people, they are the biggest racists in the world, trust me, 90% of them hate you for no other reason than you are white, they refuse to let go of the past even though most of them have as much white blood as they do black if not more, The government needs to do like they did in the States where there is a cut off point at which you can call yourself Aboriginal, say 60% white then you are classed as white & receive the same treatment as everyone else, no hand out's, no free university, no cheap loans etc etc.
It's a constant excuse for the poor me attitude the majority have........oh I'm aboriginal you took my country, NO we took your ancestors country a couple of hundred years ago, when you get over it you'll be a better person, you weren't born, neither were your parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc etc. you wanted an apology, you got one, has it made any difference........No not a bit yet you harped on about it for years. They do not want to help themselves because they expect whitey to do it for them.
Why do they destroy the places they live?.......because they have no respect for anything and because they know stupid courts, governments & do gooders will slap them on the wrist then re build it for them, I'd suggest you do as I said before and go and mingle with them before you defend them.
I misquoted slavery being in existence 40 years a go but black suppresion was certainly alive and kicking.

No, if someone makes an error in a conversation you point it out without swearing or name calling.

I'm not trying to defend any one point of view or race of people. Again I am trying to promote a healthy conversation to try and understand multiple points of view.

One of the views I take is that I think its time for a bit of give from the Indigenous community, they have an apology, they have recognition as land owners and they have the same rights as all other citizens so now they need to pick themselves up and get on with life. They now live in a modern world so need to adapt to it.

Problem is though as phizzle pointed out who can teach them the best way to live when they dont stand a chance from the day they are born? White Aussies dont want to do it for various reasons and I cant see their community accepting the white fella in to teach them anything anyway.