View Single Post
Old 28-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Vent install day 1:

For those that asked for some sort of DIY instruction here is something to work from. But do your own research before undertaking this.

So i started on the vent install. Positioning then masking the template i got from the vent onto where i thought would be a place to put it. The end of the vent is around 265mm from the bonnent scoop and 200 mm from the end of the vent to the end of the bonnent. I used the crease of the bonnent bulge as markings for either side. It worked out to be 25mm on either side to the end of the vent.

I then drilled two holes. These holes are for the two bolt ends which are on either side of the vent. I got them to put this on so i can attach the undertray at some stage.

I then drew a line around the inside of the vent and then proceeded to cut the vent hole using a dremel. Both the top and the underside of the bonnent need to be cut.

Vent hole still needs to be slightly modified but you get the picture of how its going to look. I think that its going to turn out really well. Tomorrow after work ill try and prepare the bonnent surface to take the adhesive.

Last edited by trainwrex; 28-07-2009 at 10:01 PM.