View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 11:10 AM
WRXRW

on no level can you justify this.

import monster has three sets of S203 seats (similar to the 204's minus the dark leather side bolsters read wear patches) even one set comes with the rear seat so just a matter of retrimming your door trims and fitting a black carpert from a spec c and for about <6 grand you have the update interior.

you just missed out on a 06 spec c from jws which was going for about 25 grand. that would of been a great starting platform for a ground up build as it had everything and the mechanical parts had but 16.000kms young. check with them but im fairly sure most of the parted out stuff is still there, i even managed to pick up the TMIC from it. you would consider something like this if your version 5 sti was getting tired or your adm 02 bugeye sti had seen better days but you do the whole conversion and not just parts bitsa. if jws has a hard nuff time selling bits and pieces from that spec c, surely, what chance have you got?

your car is so far gone STi guise that its not funny, so why not channel that money and energy into something that will complement the build and not ground it when the time comes to take it to the next level?

if you want seats, surely can can't go past what good quality competition seats. my pick would be these,

http://www.racetech.co.nz/products.p...s/RT9129HR.htm

just buy the one, i know it looks funny just having one raceseat but unless you cage it and about to do serious track work why get the second one for your navigator? see how it goes and really think hard about this. if you had a plane jane 04 sti then it would be a no brainer and be one hell of a conversion/update but ask why? for seats, for a gearbox? you can do both without the heartache and the cost burden.

2.2 cents inc gst