View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift View Post
I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

What sort of bullshit country fines you for not voting? Voting is a right and thus if I did somehow miss it thats my loss in not getting to voice my opinion.

Fuck this country shits me at times.
I got this from when I came from NSW to here, moved just before the election so obviously wasn't there. They sent me 'letter & fines' apparently but nothing got to me. They ended up sending it to the (NSW) State Debt Recovery office which enforced another $50 fine & they used an old address (parents) from my old license 5 years ago.

I recieved it with 2 days to go before my licence would be suspended for non-payment, called State Debt & they said write a letter saying you weren't in town & didn't recieve original fine because you moved. Apparently the majority of the time they just write off the whole fine, which is what I'm applying for now.

Was furious when I first got it though.