Thread: MCL's 06 WRX
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

MCL at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggz View Post
Slight discolouration on those STi spotty covers?

Those wheels look nice! whats the story on those?
They were slightly different colour when I bought them as they came prepainted, but they are the same as the front bar now, because I've had the front bar and covers repainted...

The wheels I bought through Wilkinsons, but they're from Tempe's... I wanted wheels to fill the guards, as I hated looking down the length of the vehicle and seeing the gaping holes left by the standard rims. So they had to be 8 inches or wider!

Saw these on the Tempe's website, and really liked them, as they were the first set of 19x8.5" that I had seen in the correct offset and PCD, the only problem with them, was that the silver lip on mine was red, but a few months down the track they popped up with the silver lip, and I had to have them!

The rubber that came on them is Accelera, some Indo brand, but they're not too bad, not much road noise, and they handle not to bad for general driving, haven't had them on the track yet tho... Although they're pretty stretched, so I have to be pretty careful with kerbs.

The best thing about the rims is the fact that they're matt black, so the brake dust doesn't really show up until they're absolutely filthy!