View Single Post
Old 17-08-2009, 05:16 PM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]

An older and supposedly "wiser" staff member of mine does some work for a client of ours.

Nothing major - just some updates and changes to the clients website. Staff member spends a couple of hours during business hours making some changes and bills the client accordingly.

I query him about the work and said staff member proceeds to tell me it's almost done and will do the rest when he gets home that night. (Staff get paid overtime, no big deal). Client wants it done, is happy to pay - thats fine.

I receive a payment from the client a week later for a grand sum of $40. A few hours of our time, plus overtime rates all for $40, get fucked. Something is up.

I open the next letter in the pile and it's a cheque made out to the staff member for $150.00. I query him about the cheque as it may have been an error. He then proceeds to tell me that he had an arrangement with the client that he would do the work for him directly and get paid directly by the client. Direct violation of his employment contract.

Do these idiots even read these things before signing them? They're 150% up to speed on their entitlements etc. But when it comes to "rules", they have no fucking clue! Further to that - who does work "on the side" and has the client send the cheque to the business they work for? Jesus Christ!

Needless to say I am currently on the lookout for another "wise" candidate.

Last edited by [BANNED]; 17-08-2009 at 05:19 PM.