Thread: RMS Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

jak at standard level

OK, exhaust has been fitted for a couple of weeks now. Just some observations:

The exhaust seems to be burbling a little when off the throttle (ie very small backfiring). I am guessing its just running richer now? Havent noticed an increase in fuel consumption though.

The rear bumper is slightly stained. This, I guess, is explained by the car now running richer? When the car is first started (cold) there is a slight spitting of what looks like watered down oil (not oil, I imagine but water that built up overnight and become dirtied by the dirty exhaust??). This spitting quickly passes as the car warms up.

Also, at night, when under WOT, I can see "smoke" in the lights of the car behind me. Do you think this is, again, from a richer mix?

I *feel* like the car is every so slightly slower.

Just some observations I have had. My question is, can a cat-back exhaust cause the ECU to run richer and can running richer cause the above symptons?

I will be talking to RMS about a new ECU and full TB exhaust (the more I mod, the more I want to mod - you guys are right ) in the next few days.

Anyway, just wanted to give some feedback. If this post sounds negative, its not meant to be, as I am extremely happy with the note/service/worksmanship etc.

Also, I hate that I can't search for "RMS ECU" on this forum (words are too small). I really want to get some feedback on RMS's ECU work and want to search the forums before I post another thread....

Any feedback (or links to other threads) appreciated.

angstrom.com.au

Last edited by jak; 22-03-2006 at 05:54 PM.