Thread: MY06 Sti
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Scoobie Noobie

HBC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed View Post
There are so dreamers out there, when I bought my R32 I offered a guy 48K for his, he had it advertised for $50k. He wouldn't budge, 4 months later it was still up there, but he had dropped it to $46. I'd see if you can find similar age/kms Stis and if cheaper use those as leverage to lower the price. But saying that some people think it's their given right to get a discount, he doesn't have to drop the price. So if it's cheapish/fair compared to other cars then pay the $39'950.
EDIT

Having just had a look on carsales and redbook, 39K seems pretty good. There are 07s, with similar kms that cheaper, but they are interstate. So if those 20kms are genuine and the car hasn't been drilled I'd go for it. The fact that someone saw him accelerate hard from the lights once, or that he's changed the price multiple times is pretty much irrelevant. But if it's spent most of it's life on a track, then that could be a concern.

Thanks for the comment Jaimie I had a look on redbook and carsales just then and for that model the price should be somewhere between $35k to $39k with 45k to 75k on the clock. Looking at those figures and how much the car has done so far and the way it was driven i think it makes this a very good buy!! Surly you can find something cheaper from over east but they most likely thrashed or high ks and the cost bringing them here is going to cost at least $2k. I had a chat to him on Monday and I told him how much i can afford to pay ($38K) and he told me he has other people interested in it and he is getting sms and email from a lot of people! For example he said there is this guy that coming around this week from Melbourne to come and see it...!! I mean it’s been on there for more than 6 months now and suddenly there is lots of interest amongst buyers and they are some willing to come down from interstates!! Confusing realy