View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrX_bAbY View Post
During a job interview, how do you answer to 'what salary are you expected?'

Just say the employer had in mind of 50k pa for your experiences, and you not knowing exactly what they want you tell them you expect about 40k pa.

You are pretty much 10k under what they was going to pay you. so they might take advantage of this and pay you 40k instead of the original 50k.

What if you say you expect 60k, which is way over their limit which can cause them to not hire you because you expect so high.

How do you know exactly what you are worth and/or the amount you expect them to pay you.

Side note: is it better to underate yourself so you have a higher chance of getting the job?

Better to say over their limit in my books, they will still then tell you the most they are willing to pay you IMHO. I told them what i was on at the current place i was at and just said i wanted more then what i was getting really, had another job offer at the same time and also told them that, they offered more again, i was happy with it so just took it, i guess you can never really know if you could of gotten more out of them, or if you got more out of them then what they originally would of offered.