View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Its a difficult one. We had a guy that had been working for us for over 10 years and he is based in Kwinana and the only time we see him is at the Xmas party. Absolutely awesome employee that never causes any dramas and never rings up and says I need more money etc. Then you have the guys that are in your office every 3 minutes saying I need more money or I am leaving. Up until 12 months ago you absolutely had to pay it. The point I am getting at is that these guys that are in your face got the pay rises and the excellent guy almost got forgotten about because he never said boo. However....he still has a job and these other knob jockeys that held me to ransom are now working somewhere else for far less money than I was paying them.

As an employer you know what is reasonable and what other people in the indsutry is paying. I think you did the right thing telling the truth. For all you know the guys son might play footy with your current bosses son and perth is too small to start telling lies. Would definately have got away with it 12 months ago but if you are genuinely interested in moving jobs I would be up front. Nothing shits me more than when people come in an say john said I would be earning this. The guy I work with earns this. Why is it different.

Tell the truth and be upfront FTW.

Brendon