View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff
Smile Headphones ~$300 - your experiences

Hey all,

I'm a lover of audio (over $10K on car audio over my short car-owning years; around $5k on home theatre etc) and I can't believe I've been running around with $49 sony fully-closed earhones for my iPod for around 5 years now! SONY!!! Come... ooooonnnnnn! No wonder I'm going deaf (or is that the drums? And noisy exhaust?)

I import all my audio at Lossless quality so i figure a nice $250-$300 pair of either open-ear or closed-ear headphones are something I deserve, considering I listen to my i Pood a fair bit, and I'd can plug them in to my home amp for some quiet listening from time-to-time.

Just wanna get people's opinions on some headphones that have served them well or they have read good (read excellent) reviews on. I'll buy them on the net if i need to save some money, so Australian availability isn't an issue.

Things that have caught my eye: Sennheiser HD 555 and Denon AH-D 501.

I'm looking for something that plays the highs nicely. I'ma bit more of a fan of the high areas then most.

CHEERS!
Alex