View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level
Cool

I have AKG K240's and I think they are fantastic. So incredibly clear. Good range (15 to 25,000 Hz).

http://www.akg.com/site/products/pow...nguage,EN.html

I bought them for mixing my own music, as they give a very realistic sound e.g. don't emphasise the bass too much- they are very flat and let the music do the work.
When I say "flat" it sounds bad, but it's actually a good thing. They are certainly not bass-less headphones by any means. If the song has plenty of bass, then you will hear it alright.
It's just giving you a true sound.
What I mean is that if you are mixing music and you have too much bass in the phones, you might cut some of the bass out. Then when you listen on a normal stereo, you've got fuck all bass and an overall shit mix.

Bassy headphones can be misleading, and can "undo" some fantastic production work on some of your favourite albums.

But this all my be completely irrelevant to your situation if you are just looking to crank some tunes.

Some of my friends don't like them as much (well, for the price....) but that is because they want it loud w/thumping bass.
So if that is what you are after, then you could probably find something else for a much better price.

However, these are the most crystal clear headphones I've used.