Thread: Guitar Prac
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Ok well just a small update. Turns out 2 of my best mates are actual guitar freaks. They have scrap books with tones of tabs and whatnot in them. One of them has loaned me his electric guitar/amp/foot pedal mixer as having a new baby he wont play it much.

So far ive got 'Come as you are' intro down, trying to then bridge it into the second part. Ive got the intro to obviously deep purple, ive known that for along time. Im still working on Teen spirit (like you said zombie the up/down picking which is good) and have just today finally been able to do the intro to Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Scar tissue, the whole slide and pull off.

Electric guitar just puts the edge on it that makes you really love playing it when you hit those notes, especially scar tissue when i can nail the slide and pull off!

EDIT: Also learning Dead Cat by Grinspoon, just gotta time it properly as i have the pull off parts pretty well done Loving this guitar thing, need a new hobby and looks like this is it!

P.S. How hard is wonderwall by oasis? I was told not to really attempt it if i cant play chords or something.