View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

MANN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXT View Post
I've sold a few modded cars over the years, my experience is if you get the right buyer at the right price at the right time you'll get a sale quickly.....sometimes it takes time for all 3 things to come together.

Took nearly 4 months to sell my modded Nissan S15 a few yrs back, dropped the price a few times and then had to wait patiently for the right buyer....in contrast, our XT that we just advertised here and on carsales last week, sold in 2 days. I think I had the combo of all 3 right and we basically achieved $9500 more than the w@nker dealer was willing to pay. The young guy who bought our XT didn't even drive it himself, not an intelligent move IMO, luckily for him our car is in tip top condition.

Remember you can only control 1 aspect which is price......timing and right person are out of your control so sometimes it's not worth being too hard on yourself.....I found that you can weed out the lowballers/time wasters over the phone pretty quick but that will depend on how good a judge of character you are.
Thanks bud, its all a learning experience. All my other cars have sold very easily. But i am starting to learn who has cash and who are the tyre kickers