View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:11 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz
If I can employ a bit of plagiarism here... the chances that we evolved from molecules without God in the equation could be likened to a bomb being thrown into a scrap metal yard and producing a ready-to-fly Boeing 747. Like, say a boxer motor, every design needs a designer in the 1st place.
If we were some amazing planned design in the first place I might agree, but with the random nature of our being I just find that to be crazy talk sir.

I mean, to think that there's a vengeful, all powerful being watching our every move as opposed to life being the end result of some random events, I'll go with the random events every time. I refuse to think that someone could potentially be damned to an eternity of suffering for coveting my neighbours sheep, or even doing something productive on a Sunday.

The big problem I see, the serious religious nuts (or as I sometimes like to call them, Jesus Buffs) are not living for the here and now. They're living for an afterlife, do what you will as long as you accept Je-sus as your lord and saviour and once you die, everything will be awesome. Promise.

It's that kind of weird-ass thinking that leads to people blowing up buildings with W26 suitcase bombs, or fuck their receptionist while maintaining a pious attitude because they've got a sleezy minister that will absolve them of their sins the very next day. If people are thinking "Shit, if I ask for forgiveness, I'll get it, do what I will!" or "If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

People need to realise they can just be good people without having some imaginary character hanging over thier shoulder with an armpit full of poorly translated text screaming out "If you do that shit, I'll fuckin' spank your ass!" while wagging an almighty finger.

Bottom line, just be a good person. Leave the fairy tales to the Brothers Grimm, they did it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
Evilcabbage, an anyone esle. I have no desire to judge you or "bible bash" you with your own beleifs.
I will find the eveidence I spoke of and i'l send it to you via PM.
Just post the "evidence" in public, or I will. Not much point making claims in public then not having the fortitude to back it up sir.

While you're at it, prove the existence of God (or any designing supernatural being) to me and I'll sign over my house to you. Scouts honour.

**edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
And just to fill u in, no need to be a hero about ur beliefs and post insulting replies.
Dude, you attack scientific theory, with mounds upon mounds of supporting evidence, telling me that kids should be taught religious doctrine instead of opening their minds to the world around them. That insults me no end. I don't think I've posted anything insulting yet, but if you open a big can of worms, don't get upset at what crawls out, yeah?

Quote:
I too was a proud atheist 6 months ago until i read some shit that contradicted nearly every sceientific explanantion that we where created from germs.
Again, please share it with the class. I'm sure the scientific community would be glad to know they can go back to shooting off bottle rockets and eating jelly with their spare time now that there's clear, undeniable proof of the existence of god.

Quote:
My credibility? Do i seem to give shit what u think of me? If u have nothing contructive to add then pls dont.
I'm trying to keep a creative argument going, did you only want to hear answers from people that have taken Jesus into their hearts? Gimme a break son.

That proof, chop chop.

Last edited by EvilCabbage; 28-03-2006 at 01:17 AM.