Thread: Religion (cont)
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
Correct.

I almost wish I was that patient, but I'm not. I feel it is my "god given" duty to laugh in the face of the religious. Intolerant? Sure thing, but I don't see it as being any different than chuckling at grown adults who believe firmly in the Easter Bunny.

If someone was to openly claim "Why yes, the earth is indeed flat and sea monsters inhabit it's very edges", you would think they were totally nuts and probably be inclined to tell them so. That's how I feel every time someone says "Jesus, for the win!".

Shit, if the early Jesus Buffs hadn't spread their faith through so much damn bloodshed and misery you silly mongrels could all be worshiping Zeus right now. There's a lot of similarities between Greek, Norse and Christian "Hero" tales, but Christians just love to tell us that the Greek and Norse people were clearly wrong, however the ones about Jesus are all true! All of them! True, true, true!

Sorry, but I just can't take people seriously once they admit to believing someone rose from the dead after three days, could perform alchemy, pull miracles out of his top hat, etc...

I have no doubt Jesus was a real man, but there's aproximately zero chance he was the son of a God. He was no doubt an intelligent guy that knew how to give people some kind of hope, there's also no doubt that a dozen people could come along to roll a rock back and steal a body after it had been entombed in order to keep the legend of an impressive man rolling along.

He was nothing more than an ancient jewish civic activist.

Dude whats the deal with the ultra long replies? My head hurts