View Single Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Jaye at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
No....I don't work for Subaru but I do work for AHG.

Have you reported the incident to the service manager or just whinged here?

Sounds like your car had more than one fault code logged relating to other issues, therefore clearing the codes AND driving the vehicle would be required to see if the codes were stored by a transient fault or a real failure.

What did they tell you in your report?
Oh good, so you would know what mechanics do in customers cars, don’t forget having a brother who is a mechanic, and most of his mates being mechanics, i hear the stories of what happens in customers cars quite often. This kind of behaviour isn’t isolated to a few dealerships, its industry wide. It’s just rare that people are caught doing it and then reprimanded.

Of course I made a report to the service manager. I was merely asking questions on here and wanting to find out if anyone has had similar issues dealing with this particular dealership... being a Subaru forum, I thought there may be a chance other Subaru owners have had dealings with Subaru Osborne Park. Can you see the link in my thought process here? And I am not a person that feels big berating people behind the safety of a computer. I prefer to sort things out in person.

And i wasn’t given a report, a service advisor told me that "the fault codes have been cleared and connections re-tensioned", "car seems to be running fine, here are your keys, and see you later."

The service from the service advisor at Subaru Oz Park has been great, i cant fault him, he is bending over backwards to sort out the problem especially since the complaint about the treatment of my car. Its no coincidence that i am able to pin point when exactly the car was being driven and when the incident occurred. My main issue is that my car still isn’t fixed and that some mechanics have no respect for other people cars. I have been pretty lucky having a mechanic I can trust (my brother) it’s just that this was a problem that was better for a Subaru yard to fix.