Thread: Bike Courses
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi View Post
AHG do bike courses to that I think are a bit more road oriented than Trackdays. The harley won't be much fun around the long corners at Barbs

Also give Alert a call. Pretty sure they do advanced courses to and will be road oriented. They do maintenance courses to a few times a year if you want to tinker with it yourself.

The two biggest things to learn are looking EVERYWHERE ( it's easy to go past side streets in a car and not look. Check every one of them on the bike ) and staying where you can be seen as much as possible by staying out of blind spots ( such as coming up to a side street with a car waiting to come out don't be 1/2 dozen car lengths back in the right lane from a car in the left. They wont see you and will go when the car is clear and clean you up. Get close enough to be protected by the car or fall back enough to be seen )

You get better with practice but as soon as you stop consciously thinking about it you will stop doing it.
Noted! I will take all of that onboard. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee View Post
Treat everyone in a car like they're out to kill you.

LOL I have been taking that approach, at lights, I am getting as far away from them as possible and staying well behind them or beside them