View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

-UPDATE-
First things first, can a mod please change the title of this thread. What was once a question about cams, has turned into my 'build/progress' thread. Cheers.

Have had the car running for 2 months now, and after much fcking around with ecu's etc, she's running like a dream.
Took her to AHG and to WAW, and while she holds her own (13.0 1/4), it's quite evident that I've gone a little too far in the, as Joe put it, "sex spec" direction for it to ever be a race/track car.
I'm 100% happy with the direction I've gone with it, and it has turned out 100 times better than i ever imagined.
I guess during the build everything was so exciting and new, that it blew my mind every time i saw it. But now that it's on the road, and I've had a few months seat time, been down the quarter, and on the skid pan it's time to reassess the goal.
The car covers all bases just nicely. With close to 300bhp, it's a relatively fast streeter, but at 1.5tonne, it's no race car.
Yes, it has a nice stereo, and the leather interior is a nice touch.
Does it excel in any particular field? No. And put simply, I'm not happy with that. It's safe to say that I've gone too far with the interior, and it would be a waste to start shedding a few kg's to track it, so that leaves show/street as the next viable option. (in my opinion)

Below is a few photos of the next stage. Where Jester may be trying to get below 1000kg's, and going for >2000

Step 1. Remove door trims.

Door pods for 2 x mb quartz splits

fitted - off to JC for trimming next week.

Redesign sub-boxes to incorporate 2 x 7" screens.

More soon...