Old 23-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRX View Post
a few things could cause the problem,
is the brake rotor sitting flush with the hub? are all surfaces clean of large amounts of rust. are you putting the wheel on square before tightening the wheels?
as stace said, tighten them a little more. torque specs mean fuck all when the nut is still turning because the wheel or brake disc is not going on flat, or when there is any rust, damaged threads etc.
do they feel tight or like they are still pulling the wheel on when you tighten them more?
rotor looks good couldnt see any form of movement in it... surfaces are good no rust on bolts just bit on the hub itself...

wheel is square making sure its on properly slightly tighten all the bolts to the same length before i tighten them up properly, i tightend them as much as i can with the socket set at home. took the current wheels off with a rattle gun, put some 16s on for a few weeks then back to the 18s with a rattle gun again recently...all other wheels are good nice and tight no noise or movement bolts are still tight.

threads may be damaged seeing as the whole bolt snapped off but i tighten as much as i physically can and the wheel looks flush to the hub/rotor but then they loosen if i drive it.

towed to mms tomorrow morning so it doesnt matter a whole heap just want to know what im up for, probably new hub i guess and we will go from there.

JDM version 3 STi RA