View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

slg at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxymophandlmama View Post

As for kids swinging doors open with gay abandon... if thier parents would consistantly remind them before they open thier doors to be careful of other cars they learn very quickly to be careful. Both my kids have it down pat and have had from a very young age. Why? because I teach them consideration for others and thier property. Its not hard.
My children have been taught respect so they are well learned in the art of door opening. However...

I was parked, waiting for my wife to return to our car when the occupants of the car I was parked next to returned.
The 7/8 year old child opened her door and let it swing open straight into my driver door. It left a rather large transfer of white paint, which at the time was all I thought it was.
I polished the white transfer of paint off our black car to reveal quit a hefty warp in the door skin. Pissed OFF, ahhh yes...
I didn't even get their details, my fault.
This just goes to show that no matter how well we teach our kids, it is the bare foot losers in their shit cars who don't respect what others have worked hard for.
If the bays were bigger then this would not have happened. Hard lesson learned, park at the back of the carpark, or get a pram bay (legitimately)!!