View Single Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

OK..

My car is at Dentcraft today, getting dents and "compression marks" (people leaning on the car) removed from 10 PANELS... that includes the C pillars, roof, and every panel on the car. Thats 8 years worth of imperfections!

The dents were tiny and most people probably wouldn't bother, but I knew they were there and although most couldn't see them, I now know the car is going to be completely dent free.

As for the guards, we're leaving the rears as they don't rub. The fronts are being rolled on a 45 degree angle, not completely flat, as they don't catch on my tyre except for when the car is at full lock and goes over a bump (turning into driveways or parking spots normally). The slight rolling will prevent this from occurring. This means we can keep the guard liners, as the metal tabs that the liner clips onto are still retained and in the right spot

My bonnet has 4 dents in it which will be getting removed at a later date, probably just before I get the bonnet and bumper resprayed.. no use doing it now and risking further dents in it from people leaning on it!