View Single Post
Old 20-01-2010, 01:56 PM
STI Master

norwest_rumbler at standard level

yep they came straight around this morning, vacc'd it out & gassed it up again.

huge improvement now over last night, actually feels like aircon.

But, i wouldnt describe it as icey cold, certainly not as freezing cold as the 5year old elcheapo 1hp units in the bedrooms.

when i asked about this i was told it was due to the new gas they have to use now, apparently its not as good as the shit used 5years ago.

electrical engineer at work tells me if the pipe from the compressor gets covered in ice (as it was last night, that means gas amount is not right- not blaming installer as air locks can happen)

regarding the breaker, it was wired in ok & 20amp is fine im being told, but the breaker should have been labled to remove any confusion.

now im not going to make anything of this because they all worked hard into the night to get it all done for me (was actually booked to be done last saturday, but the daikin unit was locked up in a wharehouse that normally is open saturdays, so it didnt happen on that day)

so i will see how it goes tonight after its run properly for a few hours (instead of 1/2hr this morning), but like i said the old shitters get freezing cold straight away, but that is due to the gas type i believe.

cheers