View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010, 04:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

GOOSE at standard level
Send a message via MSN to GOOSE
Default iTunes question for the computer literate!

So here is the dilemma.

I have an old Sony Vaio laptop (probably 6 years old or so) which contains my itunes and thus all my music etc etc.

The hard drive is partitioned into a C:\ and a D:\ (both roughly 30gig each in memory). After deleting everything that is non-essential i only have 100mb left on the C Drive (itunes totals approx 5 gig of information at the moment).

Is there a way i can effectively "cut" itunes from the C Drive and move it all to the D Drive (therefore giving me approx 25 gig more to play around with)??????

I understand that itunes drivers etc will probably need to be moved as well so they are not searching in the C Drive for stuff that is no longer located there.

Has anyone encountered or attempted something similar? As you can imagine i dont want to attempt something not knowing what i am doing and losing all my music.

The only other option i can think of is backing up everything on an external drive, deleting itunes and then re-installing it on the D Drive and then adding the backed up information afterwards. Even then i have no idea as to which files etc i need to back-up as everytime i search the computer for itunes related files it only comes up with the "shortcut icon"!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GOOSE