Thread: Google. Racist?
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two View Post
Why does the Aboriginal flag have to be there anyway? Personally, I don't think the aboriginal people reflect what modern Australia is all about anyway these days. Especially when a large proportion of Aborigines consider this day to be "Invasion Day". I even had a few come into my shop today touting "Happy Invasion Day"

And its Google's site. It doesn't have to be made up of national flags, symbols, or animals. They can do whatever the hell they want because its their freedom to do so.
I 100% agree with what you're saying. I'm not offended at all by the logo. It's their choice. It doesn't affect me in the slightest.
What I find odd is that it was a competition to design a logo, the winning logo happened to feature an aboriginal flag, and google it appears have chosen to remove it.
I was just interest is all.

"At Google, we like to reflect the ever-changing world of our users through the logo designs on our homepage. These ‘doodles’ celebrate different people, events or special dates and are designed by our original Doodler, 30-year-old Dennis Hwang.

For the second time, we asked young people from across Australia to design their own doodle. This year’s theme was ‘My wish for Australia’. We were curious to learn how young people want the future of Australia to look like.

The best doodles were voted on by the public, and the overall winner will be shown on the Google Australia homepage on Australia Day in 2010, to be viewed by millions of people."