View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX

Sorry didnt reply sooner.

Rexilla:

No, they still have to "warm up" like any other HID system, once they've been on for a minute or two when you dip it comes back up virtualy instantly, but from cold it still takes a good 20-30sec to reach maximum brightness.

Yes, they have a website, it's not all that informative unfortunatly: Xtec

LIBRT:

It's a matter of personal opinion, personaly i think that Xtec make a higher quality kit, ie. all the connections are all waterproofed, very solid construction, based on what Aura's website shows it looks like the Aura kits arnt quite as good... performance wise.. you really need to see them to belive im coming up on the 15th, if you wanna see my setup in the flesh.... let me know i'll be more than happy to demonstrate them.... they're simply awesome, everyone i've showed them too has wanted a set

pmh: this is true, and there are a lot of chinese brands on the market which are slightly iffy in terms of quality, however Xtec is one of the better taiwanese brands, if you do a google you'll see that they've been getting some really good reviews, and i've got a set in my car, and can honestly say they're not a "cheap" kit in terms of quality, in fact i've seen the Aura kits and i'd say that the Xtec's are a much better put together kit, Aura is just a taiwanese brand that's been re-badged for an australian company. wheras Xtec, is Xtec it's not a re-branded product, im not saying Aura's are crap, but from what i've seen my personal opinion is Xtec are better, thats the other reason Aura's are so exspensive, the Aussie brand is capitalising on being "aussie" $799-999 Kit .... compared to what im selling the Xtec's for ... i could sell them for $799-999 and they're worth that, but im not trying to become a millionaire overnight!

The other thing that Xtec offer is a Lifetime Garuntee... now if it were a crap quality product there's no way they'd be offering that kind of garuntee on it. Aura's only 1 Year warranty

Middgidy:

2 Ballasts Per Globe? I think you'll find some of the cheaper systems have a an igniter and ballest that's seperate, it may appear like theres two ballasts but in reality theres only 1 per globe, the Xtec system has the Igniter/Ballast in one box for each globe.

The other reason there's two ballests with a single globe is for a Bi-Xenon HID System, but they're considerably more exspensive, cos it's basicly like buying 2x kits...

Any more questions... just ask me

Regards,

SiriX

Last edited by SiriX; 11-04-2006 at 10:22 PM.