View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Scoobie Noobie

orwellg at standard level
Default Power window motor?

Hey guys,

When it rains it pours it seems ... 2000 GD bug eye.

Driver's side window is no longer going down ...

All other windows are working, the driver's side has been a bit dodgy lately, in that it seemed to struggle somewhat to get the window down. I thought it could just be the heat and the seals swelling causing more friction on the glass for first open ...

This morning when trying to get it down, it went about 4 mm then stopped. Isn't going up or down ... Tried flicking the switch a few times rapidly as I'd heard the contacts can get a bit gunky, however no response ...

I'm convinced that power is still getting to it, as when I open/close one of the other windows, and flick the switch on the driver's side it slows the opening/closing of the other (hence power being drained). I can also hear the switch switching (clicking), but no response.

I'm therefore assuming the motor is at fault, and seeing I'm going out to JWS this afternoon, may as well pick one up while I'm there ...

Guys, what is the most common part to fail in the power window mechanisms?

I have yet to take the trim off, which will no doubt uncover the issue, but just thought I'd ask first as time isn't something I have much of at the moment ...

Cheers.