View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
On the subject of DRL's, well they have to be legal. Simply coz they have been included on cars from factory for an awful long time (Volvos since the 70's) and all cars have to comply with ADR's; so by deduction, they are legal.... or put another way, they are not illegal.
I think you answered your own question. They are 'Daylight running lights' or 'position markers' and not fog lights. Different set of wording to exploit loopholes.

As for all this "I didnt know, nobody told me, its not my fault"....what absolute crap!
I dont particularly agree with the severity of the punishment handed out but when you get a drivers license you are expected to know how to use your lights correctly!! Its all common sense AND is written out in very clear wording on how to use them properly.
Sorry; but if you get caught then you have no-one to blame but yourself, take some responsibility rather than trying to blame everyone else.

Also for some people foglights ARE blinding. Not so much in the day but at night they do increase the amount of white light being thrown forward.

Anyway white foglights are complete shite in low visibility situations and just reflect off the smoke / fog / rain. Yellow lights are the only effective fog lights and should be used on their own or with side-lights only.