View Single Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Having a wide band lambda on your Motec is still not going to tell you every cylinders individual temp, its still just an average. You will never know if there is an imbalance using your existing method.
with equal length headers, each exhaust pulse is almost perfectly placed in 25% sections of the overall exhaust flow, as mentioned before with the high speed sampling from the motec wide band sensor, there was no major differences in the lambda for the entire exhaust cycle, with stock headers this wouldnt be possible, as the merge collectors mix the flows at different intervals giving the boxer tone. while i admit measuring a single point is not as accurate as measuring individual cylinder trims- the system i am operating is accurate enough to give me confidence that there are no black-sheep cylinder operating tempuratures or mixtures.

Quote:
Research measuring each cyclinders EGT is the only method and it would be great to hear from any one who has done this. I thought MRT had but I am unable to find it atm. They even recommend a twin fuel regulator set up?
onya mrt, if i ever wanted propaganda to sell a blow off valve, ecutek or intank fuel surge tanks... thats the place to go. seriously i trust their research like i would a native with my car keys. please read my document on the true cause of the single cylinder leaning out issue, it all comes down to the correct placement of the air line which regulates the return line (which in turn regulates rail pressure), incorrect placement of this air line gives a single cylinder a lean mixture every cycle, the cylinder that cops it is always the one on the runner with the regulator air line attached.* this is the case for when you exceed 1 bar of boost.

oh and 'we rally-you pay!'

Quote:
I hear what you are saying about that tiny shitty little excuse of a regulator having a simple job, but when is a better item a problem?
better maybe on paper, but statistically ive heard of more people with fuel regulator problems -after- fitting an aftermarket reg, then before with people at stock pressure, as mentioned the solution to maintaining a decent IDC is down to the fuel pump size and its ability to match its fuel pressure with volume, this avoids the situation of a fuel pump reaching its maximum volume against pressure and the IDC's going exponetially to compensate for it.

basically i dont care if people change the regulators, but please understand how the regulator works and why its there before listening to a sales pitch or flicking through a magazine, im sure if there was issues with the FPR's as fitted to a factory subaru then they would have addressed this years ago with different componentry. infact the whole industry would probably be turned on their heads as the majority of vehicles today operate the practically the same component.

Long live the WRC