View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0TT0 View Post
Yeah mate they are illegal, I cant tell you the exact offence at the moment but traffic police are aware of the Varex muffler....
Could you please list off which part of the ADR or WA Road Traffic Act that states you cannot change the noise of a muffler on a vehicle?

There are a lot of chinese whispers going around on this. I'm assuming you read the PSB thread on it?

For the record, the Victorian Road Traffic Act does not allow a vehicles exhaust volume or note to be changed. Cars such as the new HSV's, Audi's, Ferrari's etc are all technically illegal in Victoria because of this law. Only those with aftermarket items such as a Varex, the Apexi unit or even just putting a silencer in their exhaust are getting pinged.

As far as I am aware, there is no such law in WA. An item such as a X-force Varex, the Apexi unit, or putting a bung in your exhaust to quieten it down is not illegal in WA.

Not one of these items changes emmissions either. People are also confusing these items with a valved screamer pipe - which will make an exhaust straight through (not muffled) and is illegal in WA.

Edit: I have gone through the Road Traffic Act for WA and the ADR's on mufflers and haven't found any reference to any silencing making an exhaust illegal. However, I am open to anyone discussing any other information they have found, or their interpretation as it is a very big point to sort out.

Last edited by Kato; 09-03-2010 at 12:09 PM.