View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 02:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
You're thinking right there - alot of people are paying the bare minumum and thinking they are paying the house off. Mine is at just under 1K atm and im paying couple hundred over per month - it takes ages tho to even get 1K off the whole loan - 5 months actually LOL.
It's a scary thing mate. When you look at the paperwork, let's say I paid my mortgage off at the bare minimum. Even if there were no interest rate increases, ever, I'd still be paying off a loan for 25 years. I'm only 25 now! On top of that, I will have forked out nearly half a million bucks, most of it in interest.

It's this culture of debt. People seem to think it's A-OK to have money hanging over their heads, as long as they make the minimum repayments. Can't they see they'll never end up ahead that way?

The way things are going, I'd love to buy an EVO next year, but I might just stick with my old Pulsar and do some more cheapish mods to that for fun. I'd rather have a $30k chunk of my house paid off than a depreciating $30k car parked in the carport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRW 147
Evil, in relative terms you are paying less tax now than you did before. In absolute terms, yes you are getting raped by the tax man.

Relative, shmelative sir. I want to pay less fuckin' tax, or at least see some benefits for this country as a result of the taxes I'm paying.

Right now I get neither of those things.