View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I bring no decent statistics to the argument, but I spent my P-plate years in a fairly small country town in South Oz, and at the time there were no power-weight restrictions. Off the top of my head I can think of close to twenty mates or mates of mates that had killed themselves in cars before the age of twenty. Nearly all of these cases come down to sheer lack of experience and unexpected circumstances at speed. So personally I'm all for the restrictions. I was fortunate enough to have a specced out rally car to take my adolescent stupidity out on, and I still believe it not only stopped me from ploughing into a tree (on the roads), but also improved my respect for all things mobile. I'm quite certain that if I was still on my P-plates and I was to read about such a restriction, I too would have tried to argue some statistics, and say that I know better. But seriously guys and gals, they're only trying to save you and your mates lives. Just deal with it for a few years, gain some experience, and when you get off of your P's (which for fuck sake, is only a few short years), you'll have a better understanding and respect for the road.