View Single Post
Old 13-03-2010, 11:18 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

burtus85 at standard level

back in zimbabwe (aka the land of plenty) all jap cars were so cheap to import, so as you can imagine everyone had one, supra's, skyline's, wrx's, the lot! i myself started with the old 280zx, wrote that off within six months of getting my license thinking i was a drift king, then moved to the skyline (R33 gts-t) except this time my dad welded a metal block under the accelerator pedal so it could only go half way down, best thing he ever did for me! however having said that, like everyone else has been saying, accidents happen, and if you survive them then you hope to learn from them, there is no substitute for experience. i've written off 4 cars so far in the 9 years i've been driving. only one of those 4 was due to my actions behind the wheel. its such a hard thing to control, but at the end of the day my opinion would be that if you got the power at your disposal then you're going to use it sooner or later. maybe they should try the welded metal block under the pedal too thats my input!