View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
O.k well.... 10.0:1 is MEGA rich for 19psi.

I'd ignore the wastegate for now and get some fuel out of it.

I'm running 11.6:1 AFR WOT @ 25 psi in my 00 STI with zero knock (can go as lean as 12.0:1 for max power but I play safe)

When was the last time the plugs were done & what plugs did you go for Pfr6 or 7?

Do a free air calibration on your wideband & recheck your AFR's. Wideband may be out, thus running way richer than you think.

I know mine misses bad at anything under an AFR of 9.5 at 15 psi
All very good suggestions, thanks heaps.

Plugs were done around 3000 - 4000kms ago and they are 2 heat ranges colder than standard.

I usually try and do free air calibrations on at least the rear O2 sensor every couple of weeks but come to think about it I haven't done one for quite a while now so I'll definitely go and try that for sure.

I realise that an AFR of 10 is very rich, I guess I was erring on the side of caution especially given the NOS factor as well. It doesn't seem like the type of misfire commonly experienced with a too rich setup but I guess it sure wouldn't hurt to lean it out a bit and see how it affects things. I'm not too stressed about pinging/det as I always run octane booster to bring it another 7 points above the standard pump 98 and when tuning I always use a knock-box type setup with headphones just to be safe.

I'll let you know how I go shortly....