View Single Post
Old 17-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tcs242 at standard level
Lightbulb Post update

Hey guys

Wow I personally had no idea that when I wrote this post people had such strong opinions on this issue! Seems like a seriously big problem that needs some big answers.

Thanks to all that have kept this thread a relatively friendly and helpful place, lets keep it that way!

One thing I can say is there have been some great ideas so far, and a few of you have brought up points that I personally had not thought of.

I was totally opposed to the idea of power restrictions to P Platers when I posted, However after reading some input, I believe that although it is still not the whole answer, it may certainly be part of it.

Too all the other P Platers (like myself) out there this is all I have to say.

Yes it is fantastic to drive a fun car.
Yes it is totally awesome to show off to your mates (and pick up chicks :P)
Yes the feeling of a turbo spooling up and putting you in the back of your seat is amazing.

NO! The agony of seeing a friend die at the hands of any driver (young driver especially), when better driver training/attitude change/lower performance car/*insert your own suggestion here* could have saved them... IT IS NOT WORTH IT... Im not saying I'm all for power restrictions, Im saying if the research conclusively shows it will reduce lives lost on our roads, how can anyone be against that? INCORPORATED as part of the answer...

In the mean time I shall continue to be a passionate WRX owner and focus on becoming the best driver i can be - For all on the roads!