View Single Post
Old 30-03-2010, 11:49 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

blurex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara0510 View Post
Hi Guys

i've recently noticed a squeaking noise coming from the front and possibly rear wheel region of the car on the right hand side. the noise is like a high pitched squeaking noise and only occurs when the car is in motion. when i'm at the lights and stationary there is no noise.

i have booked the car in for a service and checkup in 3 weeks time but was wondering if anyone here might have some idea as to what is causing the noise and whether it should be cause for concern?

cheers,
Jason
Had a similar problem last night, there was a squeaking noise (resonating) from the front left wheel, sounded like it came from the coil overs, got home took the wheel out expecting something to be loose or wabbly, everthing was fine...mucked around with the height level..went for another test drive, still the noise was there..went back home and while reverse parked the car, and then decided to go out again and the noise was gone!... I'm pretty sure reversing the car didnt fix anything... and it couldn't have been worn brake pads...I have been told that fairly new coil overs (or those in cars rarely driven) have a tendency to squeak, or make "cracking" sounds especially when steering...has anyone else experienced this, with coil overs in particular??.

cheers