View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I'll be pretty honest about car sales here (and this isn't a stab at anyone)...

Why on earth does every car salesman do the 'put in your best offer' crap (also regardless of hail or regular sale)? Put a price on the car that you are happy to sell it at, then if a person comes in asking for the best deal, work out a deal not this formal offer and acceptance crap.

Subaru Osbourne Park missed out on the sales of 2 x 08 STi's the other year because of this. BMW missed out on sales for the same crap too.

I truly think that if the sales people just said new STi in the lot for $60k, hail damaged price $50k more people will look at them or at least know they are in the ball park to purchase and not waste peoples time. Being told car is for $60k and damaged, make your best offer, 99% of people will put in a very low offer (I would offer $5k and be dead serious about it).

(Just using STi as an example as I like them).

It's great that you have let people know and had I been in the market for a car, it would definately be worth checking out.
That's the way you and I think John, but half of the tards that come to yards see that you have the pinky as $50K instead of the $60K so they still try and low ball you another $10K because the "Stealership" will still be making money.

If you get pen to paper then you know they are serious. When I bought our Prado, they wanted $60K for it, he filled out the Offer to Purchase at $60K, got me to sign, before I did, I scribbled out the $60K and wrote $50K and signed, the negotiations began because he knew I was buying if we could reach a deal.

I ended up paying $54K and got $3K more trade for the CX7 so it was a good deal in my book.