View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
That's the way you and I think John, but half of the tards that come to yards see that you have the pinky as $50K instead of the $60K so they still try and low ball you another $10K because the "Stealership" will still be making money.

If you get pen to paper then you know they are serious. When I bought our Prado, they wanted $60K for it, he filled out the Offer to Purchase at $60K, got me to sign, before I did, I scribbled out the $60K and wrote $50K and signed, the negotiations began because he knew I was buying if we could reach a deal.

I ended up paying $54K and got $3K more trade for the CX7 so it was a good deal in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Or just rock up with a blank signed cheque.. money talks.

Thats how I got both of our WRX's for cheap cheap (thousands less than the new "drive away" price).
Let's just say, I walked into SOP with a blank cheque to buy 2 x STi's. Was told to just sign up, no one makes offers, no one does deals. Told them to jam that. Then was told to make an offer. Did that, paperwork put infront of me to purchase a vehicles (not put an offer in) for full RRP. Told them no, I want a good price for buying two before I sign up to buy anything. Again told nothing can be done. Found it hard to even get a test drive. Guy didn't even know what DCCD was.

Went to Mitsubishi and bought 2 Evo X's straight up. Was given a better price to start negotiations on straight away. Happy to organise test drives etc.

So when I see a dealership wanting this 'put an offer in on paper' stuff before they will even talk that a price figure may or may not be suitable... It makes me wonder what they are trying to achieve.

Anyway... enough off topic... Go buy golf ball cars now!