View Single Post
Old 13-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

bump. Have a new clubhouse leader.

I fired one of our bobcat operators the other day because I did not like his attitude and he was having trouble taking instructions from my supervisors on site who for all intents and purposes are his supervisor.

Anyways he went without much of a fuss as he had only been with us for 8 weeks and was still in probation.

I jumped in the bobcat to unload a big compactor off my ute (the bobcat has done a total of 340hrs so is still brand new) and it absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke (my absolute pet hate) and the in cab filter for the air con is completely gone. Thought I better have a better look at the machine. The air filter was absolutely chocked solid, the oil was off the low mark, the machine had not been greased for a freaking long time and it was running on absolute fumes. Figured this justified me getting rid of him on its own.

So I am out at Kings Park on site this morning and the excavator operator starts telling me about this guy. Apparently the compactor was onsite and needed moving so rather than just starting it up and moving it he used the bobcat. Apparently it was in a bit of a prick of a position so he started it up and drove it into the bucket of the bobcat. Can imagine the noise that a 600kg compactor is making bouncing up and down on the base of the bucket? So people came out to have a look at the noise. He gets back in the machine and lifts it up nice and high. Then decides to do a bit of a wheelie. When he comes back down the compactor rolls out the front of the bucket and slams into the ground upside down. Always good for diesel engines to be upside down. By now the clerk of works for Kings Park is standing there watching so he tries to pick it up but all he manages to do is shuffle it straight into the temporary fence and bend that.

Makes my company look like absolute amatuers.

Brendon