View Single Post
Old 21-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682
Default Coffee Nerds Unite, I need some advice

Ok,

So my beloved Saeco Magic Deluxe that has served me well for well and truly over 12 years has decided that enough is enough.

I have taken it to Espresso Italia for a Service $120

The bloke there says he will give me $250 Trade in if I buy a Saeco Syntia for $1450 - $250 Trade $1200

I have always said if I buy another coffee machine, I want twin boilers and pref manual, mainly for two reasons. I feel a manual machine gives a better crema and they usually have twin boilers.

The Syntia is a Full automatic machine with twin boilers however it is a full auto.

The other machine he showed me was a Cuadra by La Nuova Era $1,999 web price however in store is $1499

Well straight away the Cuadra looks cool and watching the video all I can say is wow!

However there are two other players that come to mind.

Firstly is Purecremas Expobar range, once again twin boilers etc.. however around $2000+

Finally the Kitchenaid Artisan Serious $1500 from dome

I found it funny that the guy at Espresso Italia said he would give me $250 for mine on the Syntia however the web price says it is $1200 without trade.. nice try by him I guess

Anyway does anybody have any recommendations on either a kick ass auto or excellent Manual and should I be dealing with another mob etc..