View Single Post
Old 27-04-2010, 01:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Neil-e-o at standard level

Well ....

Just drove down to Sik Em Rex racing and got him to have a quick look if any lines were unplugged / damaged and all was good.

Next thing I did was ring my engine builder (Tony Flood) and have a chat with him. On inspection of older piping found the pipe that sits on right side of radiator which comes from the intercooler was worn where it sat against the fans and had a small hole in it.

Explained all this to Tony and he had a couple theories:

1. Engine was tuned to older piping with restricted air flow and compensated as such.

2. After reversing the intercooler might have unrestricted some more airflow giving the engine more air to work with.

He was worried tho that there might have been some contaminants in the intercooler and by reversing would of caused them to pushed into the engine. When Im home next week I will pull the intercooler off and give it a furthur inspection to see if theres anything visible that could/may caus some sort of restrictions.

Fingers crossed I havent been driving it the last couple days putting debris and stuff into the engine that would be engine number 3 gone for me

Stay tuned ....

Last edited by Neil-e-o; 27-04-2010 at 01:49 PM.