View Single Post
Old 28-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
not knowing too much about the custom layout of your setup,

normally oil should be fed to the turbo via a hard pressured line from the back of the drivers side head, the volume of oil in the line is tiny, so highly unlikley oil is ingressing via that route.

the return line is normally gravity fed back into the sump via the bottom of the drivers side head also, although in your case i think you have a pickup pump circulating the oil back into the sump electrically? if so, providing the pump is evacuting all the oil both during operation and after your engine is shut off then you shouldnt have any pooling or return pressure issues, that is of course that the return point of oil into the engine is higher then the cold oil level of the engine.

Stace,

yep u are right we have a very small braided line going from the drivers side head to the turbo inlet line. Then it goes back to the drivers side head i think its -6an line via the pump..

The pump goes for 3mins after the car turns off. But it seems on some occasions that the exhaust still smokes and oil somehow gets in..

Is the oil line always full?? or will the pump suck all the oil back into the head and leave an air gap?? could this air gap be causing the problem??

Im thinking the only way around it is to make a mini sump??